France > Grand Est > Moselle > 57420 > Lorry-Mardigny

Surrounded by its cemetery, it consists of three naves built at different times. The 12th-century Romanesque building comprises: the central nave, an apse with cut-off sides, decorated with a Lorraine arcature and vaulted in the cul de four, and the square tower. In the 13th century, this complex was extended in the 13th century by a north nave in which the door with a three-lobed tympanum opens. Then the church was fortified from the 14th to the 16th century by the addition of a circular keep-tower, then with an extension of the whole building to provide a floor of refuge. Numerous defensive elements are still visible: bretèche, archers, and cannoniers, watch windows. The third nave was built in neo-Romanesque style in 1895. Inside, the poorly preserved 16th century frescoes were replaced by a new programme painted in 1902. The Link Organ, installed in 1910, was restored in 2004.

ÉGLISE DE LA SAINTE-CROIX  France Grand Est Moselle Lorry-Mardigny 57420

Copyrights Emmanuel Stourm 2020 Licence Open Data

Les lieux touristiques dans un rayon de 10 kms.

A proximité:

Datatourism data updated on: 2023-02-27 05:08:21.725