France > Grand Est > Moselle > 57630 > Moyenvic > Place de la saline

The saltworks of Moyenvic is attested since the 9th century and it had its own fortifications inside the city. It will be the subject of disputes between the bishops and the duchy of Lorraine until its transfer in 1571 to the duchy with that of Marsal. The saltworks of Moyenvic became French in 1661 with the Treaty of Vincennes. But the saltworks of Moyenvic is very greedy in wood because its brine is not very concentrated. A 13km long pipeline from Dieuze treated part of its waters. In decline after the revolution, it is closed in 1897. The part visible today is the only vestige which corresponds to one of the pavilions flanking the entrance on the old plans. It was rebuilt at the end of the 18th or the beginning of the 19th century in neoclassical style.

Les lieux touristiques dans un rayon de 10 kms.

A proximité:

Datatourism data updated on: 2023-01-01 05:07:52.748